Contents for the Open Call for DA VINCI Idea
Industrializable ‘Arts + Technology’ ideas
*Examples: Examples: Kinetic art, Light art, Media architecture, Sound art, Media performance, Virtual reality, Augmented reality, Robotics, etc.
From 14 March to 7 April 2016, by 16:00
Those who having an idea which can be realized by the applicants’ technical skills or by cooperation with engineers
Feasible technology-based ideas for a work or next works of the participants in the former Open Call for DA VINCI IDEA from 2010 to 2015
* No restriction on the artists’ application that were selected at the Open Call for DA VINCI IDEA from the past years
* The number of selected applicants may be adjusted upon interim reviews
Funding and support
– Fund: For production cost, from 5,000,000 to 20,000,000 KRW (+ financial support for an exhibition in 2017)
– Supporting space for an exhibition in 2017
* Works produced in the DA VINCI CREATIVE 2016 will be exhibited at the DA VINCI CREATIVE Biennale in 2017
-Inviting to a networking party with industrial officials
-Providing mentoring from engineers or curators
-Providing electronic equipment to the extent possible and technical support
– Providing a residency programme at the Seoul Art Space Geumcheon and at the overseas partner organisations via a contest among selected works
-Supporting when the works are invited to overseas exhibitions, festivals, biennales, etc.
Expansion of support in 2016 compared to 2015
– Production support fee: From the amount up to 12,000,000 KRW in 2015 to the amount up to 20,000,000 KRW in 2016 (+ 2017 exhibition grant)
– Support period: Expansion from 1 year to 2 years
Documents to Submit
1. Detailed plan for development (see the attached format)
* For those who anticipated in one of the former Open Call for DA VINCI programs, please include the contents from the final report, such as, achievements, problems, etc., submitted at that time.
2. Image materials, such as, drawings for ideation, production planning, continuity or simulations, in PDF or PPT format. Video materials in MP4 or AVI format, if necessary.
Application method / Result announcement
On the website of the Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture (www.sfac.or.kr)
1) Application: open plaza – application / reception – art space project contest
2) Result Announcement: On the notice board at the website
The Seoul Art Space Geumcheon, Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture, Seoul